Roasted Grape and Goat Cheese Crostini
This Roasted Grape and Goat Cheese Crostini is a simple preparation with complex flavor – and it looks beautiful. If hosting parties has taught us anything, it’s that time management is everything and nothing will go as planned. Having a fool-proof crostini recipe like this in our repertoire means at least one thing will go right every time.
The next time you host a holiday meal or cocktail party, wow your guests with this Roasted Grape and Goat Cheese Crostini recipe. It is an ideal hors-d’oeuvre: more impressive than oh-so-basic cheese and crackers, and easy to make without risk of anything going wrong (just keep an eye on the toasts when they’re in the oven). The toasts and roasted grapes can even be cooked ahead of time. When it’s time to serve, everything comes together quickly and makes any gathering feel a little more posh.
- Parchment paper
- 1 lb. seedless red grapes stems removed
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil divided use
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. + 1 dash freshly ground black pepper divided use
- 16 ½-inch whole-grain baguette slices (approx. 8 oz.)
- 1 cup soft goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 400º F. Place one rack high and one rack low in the oven.
Line one large and one small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Combine grapes, 1 tsp. oil, salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper in a medium bowl; toss gently to blend.
Place grapes on prepared small baking sheet. Bake, on lower oven rack, for 20 to 22 minutes, or until grapes are tender and skins are lightly wrinkled.
While grapes are baking, brush both sides of bread lightly with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Place on large baking sheet in an even layer. Bake, on higher oven rack, for 8 to 10 minutes, turning after 4 minutes.
Spread each slice of toasted bread with 1 Tbsp. cheese. Top evenly with grapes, remaining 1 dash pepper, and thyme; serve immediately.
Tip: 1 cup is equal to 16 Tbsp.
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023