Pumpkin Risotto with Garlic and Sage
Risotto is comfort food, pure and simple, but it can be loaded with high-fat ingredients. That’s why Beachbody created this delicious, lighter version with pumpkin, sage, and brown arborio rice (if you can’t find it, brown rice will do).
- 4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 3½ cups water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine (or water)
- 1¼ cups dry brown Arborio rice
- 2½ cups cubed raw pumpkin (½-inch cubes)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
Here are your instructions:
Heat broth and water in large saucepan over medium heat. Do not boil. Set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shallots; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until shallots are translucent.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add wine; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until wine evaporates.
Add rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add 1 cup broth mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 6 minutes, or until liquid is almost completely absorbed.
Add remaining broth mixture ½ cup at a time; cook, stirring constantly. Add the next ½ cup after the first ½ cup is absorbed. (This will take about 50 minutes.)
Add pumpkin during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
After all the broth mixture has been added, add cheese, sage, and pepper; mix well.
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023