It Is Resolution Time
The new year is upon us now. That means it is resolution time again.
Are you ready this year? Is this the year that you are going to make those goals and stick to them?
What is a Resolution?
Resolutions come in many different forms. Some people aim to change a bad habit, while others create theirs to start a good routine. The common theme is to improve your life in some way for the new year.
The most popular resolutions made each year revolve around fitness and health. Some people set expectations for January 1st with hopes of weight loss. Still, other people make budget plans or social goals.
Be careful about what you choose. Statistics show that only 8% -10% of the people making new year resolutions achieve them. Mistakes are made from the start. Often multiple resolutions are made that end up too complicated to maintain. Many goals may be either overly ambitious or even unrealistic. Minor setbacks tend to discourage you from continuing.
Some Tips for Making Successful Resolutions
- Consider not putting all the pressure on the first day of the year.
Every day is a new day and a fresh start. Use each day.
- Make a goal that is manageable and realistic. Don’t make several goals.
Making small gradual changes and being open to flexibility is beneficial to your success.
- Do not go out on your own with lofty goals.
Find accountability by getting a buddy to join you or a coach to guide and motivate you.
- Write out your goals!
Writing and rewriting your goals each day connects you to them.
- Take your resolution seriously.
As with any goals, know why you want to achieve them. The more they mean to you, the more you are likely to push yourself to succeed.
Happy Resolution Writing
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Coffee Time - March 3, 2023
- A Plate Full of Colors - February 24, 2023
- Turmeric 101 - February 16, 2023
- Battle Rope Work - February 9, 2023
- Love Yourself Even More - February 3, 2023