Herb and Garlic Grilled Tuna Steaks
Making restaurant-quality grilled tuna steaks at home is not only easier than you might think, it also helps you enjoy this coveted fish at a fraction of the price. These Herb and Garlic Grilled Tuna Steaks are rubbed with a mixture of fresh aromatic herbs, like parsley, tarragon, garlic, and lemon zest, which infuses the fish with flavor as it sears on a hot grill. Whether you are making a romantic dinner for your significant other, rocking your own high-protein post-workout meal, or serving fresh fish to your family, this flavorful recipe is a winner.
We know that when you drop a chunk of change on a nice piece of fish, you really want to make sure it’s cooked properly. It’s all too easy to overcook fish and end up with dry, flavorless meat. The trick making perfect fish on the grill (or under a broiler) is to cook it quickly – searing the outside then removing the fish from heat so that the inside stays tender and moist and retains all of those healthy fats that make it so succulent. These grilled tuna steaks only need to cook for about two to five minutes per side, depending on how thickly they are cut and how rare (or well-done) you prefer to serve them.
- 4 (4-oz.) each raw tuna steaks (1-inch thick)
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 fresh tarragon sprigs, leaves removed and chopped, stems discarded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. finely chopped lemon peel (lemon zest)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat grill or broiler on high.
Rinse tuna and pat dry. Set aside.
Combine tarragon, garlic, and lemon peel in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Season tuna with salt and pepper if desired. Drizzle with oil; rub rosemary mixture into both sides of tuna. Let rest 5 minutes.
Grill (or broil) tuna for 2 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
The Nutrition Facts box below provides estimated nutritional information for this recipe.
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023