Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
When summer heats up, it’s hard to resist reaching for a cool, summery treat like this Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich recipe.
The peanut butter ice cream — or “nice cream” if you will — is made from all-natural peanut butter, unsweetened almond milk, and Chocolate Vegan Shakeology (you can use Chocolate Shakeology if you wish, though it will change the nutritional information a little bit).
The mini cookies eschew all-purpose flour for almond flour and are sweetened with just 2 tablespoons of maple syrup for the whole batch!
Ingredients For Ice Cream:
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large banana, cut into chunks, frozen
- 2 tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
Ingredients For Cookies:
- 1 cup almond flour, sift after measuring
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan Salt)
- 1 dash baking soda
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- parchment paper
For Ice Cream:
Place almond milk, banana, peanut butter, and Shakeology in food processor (or blender). Process until smooth.
Freeze until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray. Set aside.
Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Combine maple syrup, oil, and extract in a small bowl; mix well.
Add maple syrup mixture to almond flour mixture. Add almond milk; mixing to break up clumps of dough. Form dough into a ball with clean hands. Place on parchment paper. Roll into a 7-inch long log. Freeze for 50 to 60 minutes, or until firm.
Cut log into twelve slices. Spread slices out on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set.
Cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet. Loosen with metal spatula, remove from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack (or on parchment paper).
For Ice Cream Sandwiches:
Place 2 Tbsp. ice cream on one cookie. Top with a second cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Freeze for 1 hour; serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 148 mg
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 10 g
Protein: 8 g
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023