This flavorful chicken piccata recipe is topped with mushrooms, artichokes, and capers. It has 27 grams of protein per serving and only 240 calories.
- 4 (4-oz.) each raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup low-sodium, organic vegetable broth
- 6 Tbsp. capers
- 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag. Add flour and seal. Shake to coat chicken.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Add garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
Add lemon juice, broth, capers, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms; cook, turning chicken halfway through, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 73 mg
Sodium: 560 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Protein: 27 g
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023