Do you chia?
Chia seeds are full of fiber and a way to get in omega-3 fats. Mixing chia with Greek yogurt and fruit is a very popular way of getting your dose in. This healthy seed expands into a gelatin-like texture similar to tapioca when mixed with liquid. They work wonders in your smoothie too!
There are many recipes out there, so it is important to find a good recipe.
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat (2%) Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus 4 tsp for serving.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 pint chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk almond milk, yogurt, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, vanilla, 1/8 tsp salt until just blended. Whisk in chia seeds and let stand for 3o minutes. Stir to even. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, toss the fruit with the 4 tsp of maple syrup and mix in the almonds.
- Spoon the pudding into 4 bowls and add the berry topping mixture and serve.
Recipe from Giada De Laurentiis – Super Chef and Food Network Magazine
Please note you can switch the maple syrup up with agave or honey. Changing up the fruit is possible, as well as using granola or toasted coconut on top. Get creative!
Yes, chia seeds do come from Chia Pets!
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023