Benefits of Dark Chocolate
You may be saying “more dark chocolate” more often once you learn these fantastic benefits.
Dark chocolate has some superpowers that can help your health. Dark chocolate comes from the cocoa tree seed and is a big source of antioxidants when consumed. Dark chocolate is not the same as milk chocolate available in candy bars that are full of sugar. Dark chocolate has properties proven to aid your health.
Dark Chocolate Time
A 100-gram bar of dark chocolate with 70–85% cocoa has the following:
- 11 grams of fiber
- 67% of the RDI for iron
- 58% of the RDI for magnesium
- 89% of the RDI for copper
- 98% of the RDI for manganese
- Also, it has plenty of potassium, phosphorus, zinc. and selenium
That is 100 grams (3.5 ounces), a relatively large amount and not something you should be consuming daily. All these great nutrients also come with 600 calories.
A mere 1-2 ounces daily of organic dark chocolate can help you in several ways.
- Reduce stress
- Improve blood flow
- Help fight fatigue
- Improve brain function
- Good for teeth
- Improve gastrointestinal flora
- Helps prevent diabetes
- Lowers risk of heart disease
Which Dark Chocolate Brands Are Best?
Some good healthy dark chocolate brands have a higher cacao percentage (which is cocoa). Look for 70% -100% cacao bars.
Watch for these brands and try them:
Endangered Species, Lindt, Taza, Pascha, Ghirardelli, Godiva, Moser Roth, Theo, Pure 7
Sometimes dark chocolate will say gluten free. Chocolate does not have gluten to begin with, so be aware when buying things. Look at your labels.
Some of these brands are found in your local stores, while others can be found discounted on Amazon.
Happy Dark Chocolate Hunting!
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023