Watermelon and Heirloom Tomato Salad
Sweet watermelon and savory heirloom tomatoes are a perfect pair and make a delicious, healthy summer salad. Choose tomatoes of several different colors for dramatic appeal.
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped basil (or mint, chives, or parsley)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup arugula (also known as rocket)
- ½ medium seedless watermelon, rind removed, cut into 2-inch triangles
- 3 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- ½ cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced thin
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese (about ½ oz.)
Combine oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper in small bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Arrange arugula, watermelon, heirloom tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and onion on a large serving platter.
Drizzle evenly with dressing.
Top evenly with cheese.
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023