Warm Weather Stretching
Having some warmer weather allows us to get outside and move around. There is a lot to do when it is nice out. Depending on where you live, some people bike ride, trail walk, swim, do yard work, and have fun gardening. Other people camp, fish, hike, and climb. Fun in the sun is had by many, but does that mean we don’t stretch?
After sitting in the house, your body needs to get slowly moving before you can go full steam ahead. More and more people even find the benefits of stretching when they wake up also. Stretch before any physical activity.
What are some of the benefits of getting your stretch on?
- Loosens your muscles
- Increases your blood flow
- Increases the range of motion
- Helps muscles work better
- improves your posture
- helps eliminate injuries
- improves your exercise performance
- stress relief
- helps heal and prevent back pain
- calms your mind
What Stretches Work?
Combinations of stretches from your favorite workouts will help you create a list. Some people do a few sun salutations because it is a full-body stretch. People often overlook doing some yoga. Be sure you include both upper and lower body stretching each time. Your body will benefit from the stretch!
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023