Slow Cooker Beef Chili
This simple slow-cooker beef chili recipe keeps things simple, without bells and whistles or special ingredients, but in the slow cooker, the meat becomes fall-apart tender, and develops deep and satisfying flavor.
After a couple minutes of chopping, and a few minutes of browning and sautéing, you can pop all of the ingredients into a slow cooker and forget about it for several hours. If your slow cooker has a browning setting, you can brown the meat and sauté the vegetables in the same pot, making clean up even easier. Definitely consider doubling this recipe if your slow cooker has a large enough capacity. Freeze unused portions for a future weeknight win!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ lbs. extra lean beef chuck, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- ¼ cup tomato paste, no sugar added
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- ¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over high heat.
Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-high.
Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Place beef mixture in a 3-quart slow cooker.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well; cover. Cook on high for 3 hours.
Add beans; cover. Cook for 1 to 1½ hours, or until beef is tender.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 57 mg
Sodium: 584 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugars: 4 g
Protein: 31 g
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023