How many times have you seen pesto as a fancy Italian restaurant and thought about having it at home? There are ways to have store-bought, but why not make your own!
Pesto is quick and easy in a blender or food processor at home. You can make up some to have and even make a few more to put into the freezer to have later. Pesto can be used on pasta, salad, veggies, meat and fish, and even on bread.
Basil Pesto is popular
Combine in your blender or food processor
- 3 cups of loosely packed basil
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 large crushed clove of garlic
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp black pepper (use ground pepper if you have that available
Pulse until this mix is smooth. The recipe makes ¾ cup of pesto.
Be sure to refrigerate what you do not use. It will hold for 3 days there.
How amazing will this look and smell?
When you make a batch of your own, let me know what you made and take pictures. I would love to see it.
Be sure to share this with everyone that needs to know how to make this Italian specialty.
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023