Lentil and Feta Salad
This lentil salad is a winner in so many ways. It takes a little bit of effort to chop all of those fresh veggies and herbs, but once you’re done, you’ve got enough food for a week’s worth of meals. Eat it in winter, spring, summer, or fall. It’s a good vegetarian source of protein and fiber and has only 221 calories per serving.
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried thyme (or 1½ tsp. chopped fresh thyme)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 3 medium celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¾ medium red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
Combine lemon juice, oil, and thyme in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
Combine lentils, cheese, cucumber, celery, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and mint in a large bowl; mix well.
Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 to 12 hours.
You can eat it after an hour, but the next day is the best!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 213 mg
Carbohydrates: 28 g
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 12 g
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023