Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
Update basic chicken pasta with garlic, flavorful sautéed mushrooms, white wine, and fresh parsley. Common button mushrooms are great in this recipe, but if you want to amp up the flavor or impress someone special, choose porcini, morel, oyster, or other wild mushrooms for your chicken and mushroom pasta.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into cubes
- ¼ medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat angel hair pasta (2 oz dry)
- Chopped parsley (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add chicken, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is tender.
Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add wine and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Place pasta on serving plate; top with chicken mixture.
Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Sodium: 128 mg
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 4 g
Protein: 27 g
Latest posts by Cindy Stevens (see all)
- Motivation through Willpower - May 26, 2023
- Benefits of Working Out - May 19, 2023
- Helpful Cleaning Hacks - May 12, 2023
- The Mind Diet - May 5, 2023
- Bulk Buying and Eating - April 28, 2023